If you are planning to install residential solar panels in NJ this is the normal installation process completed by the installation company in order to get your system online, operational, approved, and eligible for incentives like SRECS. Be sure the residential solar energy company you are dealing with offers a full turnkey service or these tasks may need to be completed by the homeowner.
First of all, the typical timeframe from signing up to a completed solar installation is around 8-12 weeks for residential solar panels in NJ. When signing up for an installation service for solar panels in New Jersey, you need to check the details of the available options with your vendor and select the plan that best fits your needs. After the contract gets signed and you finalize the financing, the solar installation company starts its process.
- After the site survey is done properly by a solar professional and a report is generated, you will be asked by the company’s design & administration team to confirm the solar design according to the survey in the very first week of installation.
- The most important step is for your installation company to complete the SRP paperwork if you are conducting the solar installation in New Jersey; this is actually the formal application for SREC and should be completed within 10 days. This step is going to ensure your eligibility to receive SRECs after your residential solar panel installation is completed and the system is powered on.
- The solar company administrators apply for interconnection within a similar timeframe of about 10 days. This gives the solar customer the right to be connected to the grid and eligible to enjoy “net metering”.
- The permit paperwork is submitted to the township within a few weeks of signing up. These papers include your chosen product specifications, system design document duly approved by a structural engineer and an electrical line diagram approved by the electrician within the solar company.
- During the paperwork process at the township, your solar company is responsible to keep you updated regarding the project progress work.
- After getting approved by the township, your solar company will provide you with the scheduled installation date.
- The installation time may vary depending on the company but on average it takes less than a business week to complete the solar installation and pass the inspection with the local municipality.
- After the inspection team completes its work of electrical and building inspection, an Approval to Operate notice is issued by the utility and you good to get started saving with your solar power…!