Energy Storage Solutions
Utility customers who install battery storage within Eversource and UI territory may qualify for the Energy Storage Solutions Rebate through Connecticut Greenbank. This program features an initial upfront rebate of $200 per kWh of storage capacity installed with a cap of $7,500. For example, an 18kWh battery would be eligible for a $3,600 upfront rebate.
Residential customers enrolled in this program will also receive performance incentive payments every year based on the average power their battery contributes to the grid during critical periods. Depending on the kW rating of your storage system, you can get paid over $1,000 per year on average.
Energy Storage Solutions (Eversource and UI):
- The value of the upfront incentive starts at $200 per kWh of storage capacity with a cap of $7,500. For example, a Generac PWRcell 18kWh battery will have an upfront incentive value of $3,600.
- The value of the upfront incentive is set to decrease over time based on the available capacity within each “Capacity Block.”
- The value of the Performance Incentive is $200/kW in summer and $25/kW in the winter in years 1-5. In Years 6-10, the Performance Incentive will be worth $115/kW in the summer and $15/kW in the winter.
Example Energy Storage System:
- Generac PWRcell 18kWh Battery – 6.7kW Continuous Power
- Year One Upfront Incentive: $200 x 18 = $3,600
- Year One Summer Performance Payment: $200 x 6.7kW = $1,340
- Year One Winter Performance Payment: $25 x 6.7kW = $167.50
- Total Year One Storage Incentives: $5,108