Through the ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program, Eversouce customers in Connecticut and National Grid customers in Rhode Island can get paid for releasing battery power into the grid.
The incentive is based on the performance of a battery system during a Demand Response Event. The “Demand Response Event” refers to the occasion in which the battery is eligible to release its power to the grid. These events are organized by the utility throughout the year, but never when there is a risk of a grid outage. The event is valuable to the utility as it provides needed power to the grid during peak-demand times. The battery will otherwise be available for the use of the homeowner.
Energy storage providers like Generac, have built-in technology to manage these events for the homeowner. Green Power Energy, in coordination with our battery partners, will submit your ConnectedSolutions application on your behalf, so all you have to do is sit back and collect your incentive.
Eversource “ConnectedSolutions” Battery Rebate (CT):
- Solar battery customers can discharge their battery power to the grid and get paid by Eversource based on the kW the battery can discharge.
- The program is currently available in Connecticut through the end of 2021. Eversource has indicated the program will be converted to a five-year program; similar to National Grid in Rhode Island.
- The incentive is worth $225/kW in the summer and $50/kW in the winter.
- Based on a 6.7 kW battery system, the average annual incentive payout can reach $1,842 per year!
- Must have Eversource as a utility provider to take advantage of this incentive.
National Grid “ConnectedSolutions” Battery Rebate (RI):
- Just as in CT, solar battery customers can discharge their battery power to the grid and get paid by National Grid based on the kW the battery can discharge.
- The program is currently available as a 5-year term in Rhode Island.
- The incentive is worth $400/kW in the summer (there is no incentive in the winter).
- Based on a 6.7 kW battery system, the average annual payout can reach $2,680/year!