Your home solar panel purchase isn’t like your typical transaction. It’s a long-term home improvement, often spanning 25 years or more. That’s how long most solar panels last.
So, you should choose a reliable solar contractor who will be there when you need their services. But, how do you select the right solar company? By asking the right questions.
Here’s your ready-reckoner list of questions to ask every solar company you contact before choosing the one.
- Are you licensed? If yes, what’s your business license number?
- Are you NABCEP-certified, insured, and bonded?
- Do you serve your customers directly, or do you subcontract the job? In the case of the latter, how do you ensure that they deliver high-quality products and services?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many residential solar systems have you installed so far?
- Can you share at least 3-4 references of your customers?
- What kind of service warranty do they offer on solar installation?
- Can you share the details of all the products (PV cells, inverters, battery, etc.) you offer as part of your services?
- What warranties are available on each of these products?
- Do you offer financing? If yes, what are my options?
- What kind of flexibility exists in my financing options? Can I port from one option to another?
- Can you share the complete list of all costs in the solar quote?
- Are there any hidden costs?
- Why did you choose the equipment you did?
- What costs will I incur if I cancel my purchase at various stages of the installation?
- What is the extent of their experience with the local authorities and utility companies?
- Do you offer a turnkey solution, or would I be required to do anything? In other words, who handles all the paperwork?
- What is the payment schedule?
- Will the payments for financed solar systems increase over time? If yes, at what rate?
- What are the most common problems faced by your current customers with their solar systems?
- Have you found a way to prevent those problems?
- What solar incentives are available in Pennsylvania, and which of them do I qualify for?
- How can I be certain that I am eligible for the various financial incentives available to home solar buyers?
- How long will I continue to receive the various incentives offered to me?
- How long will it take for the solar system to repay itself?
- What steps are involved in the installation process?
- How long will the entire installation process take?
- What guarantees do you offer on your work?
- How can I monitor the amount of solar energy produced by my system?
- What happens when my solar system equipment fails due to manufacturing defects, weather phenomena, or other natural causes?
2 comments on “30 Questions to Ask a PA Solar Company Before You Hire Them”
Would you tell me if Wallingford Electric Division customer’s, a municipal owned electric provider, can be serviced by Green energy , your company?
Hello Pedro, I believe so, please submit the form inquiry and we will see if you are qualified. Thank you!